Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Toys. To play or not to play?

My wife has never owned a sex toy (or at least I've never found one!).

I was thinking about trying to introduce one into our lovemaking - probably a vibrator (along with blindfolds and handcuffs at a later date - but that is a topic for another conversation).

Is this a good idea? Should I surprise her? Should I bring the topic up in conversation first?

Will I find her throwing me out as a pervert? Will she run off and leave me for a piece of plastic?

Advice, please. My initial view is that she is very conservative / prudish and a little (but only a little) sub - I currently believe that the sub element allows her to let go of her inhibitions. I therefore think getting her turned on and then turning it on is probably the way to go...

I'll leave you with a joke to get your thinking juices going....


There was this couple that had been married for 15 years. Every time they made love the husband always insisted on total darkness. The wife had long since ceased to question his reasons.

But on their 15th wedding anniversary, the wife suddenly felt this was too ridiculous. She decided she would shock him out of this bizarre habit. So that night, while they were in the middle of making love, she turned on the lights.

She looked down and saw her husband was holding a dildo! Soft, wonderful and larger than the real thing.

She went completely ballistic. "You impotent bastard," she screamed at him, "how could you be lying to me all of these years? You'd better explain yourself!"

The husband looked her straight in the eyes and said calmly: "Okay. I'll explain the toy . . . you explain the kids."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My situation sort of mirrors yours. I've never owned a sex toy either but I'm about to rectify that situation.
I wondered how to broach the subject with my husband.

What I did was to bring up the subject of sex toys casually and objectively, as a phenomenon, not as something we would actually use. I didn't want to come across as pushing it on him. It was a good way to do it, because he had several major misconceptions about sex toys which he has now revised.

Now that he's mentally better-prepared, I've been dropping hints occasionally, showing him a few websites, catalogues, etc---all in fun---, just to keep him in the same mindset. When the surprise comes, he'll be ready to accept and enjoy it.

If you think she might be offended or threatened by the surprise, just make sure her mind is in the right track to accept it.

You know what works with her. So work it, baby.

;)


DTG xxoo

11:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should test her newfound ways and ORDER her to purchase this sex toy on her own . . .

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home