Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hell hath no fury II

Whilst the last story seems to be true (wide coverage in the dailies and an eBay item suggest some basis in reality), I rather hope this one isn't...

Jake lay dying while his wife held a candlelight vigil by his side. She held his fragile hand, tears running down her face. Her praying roused him from his slumber. He looked up, and his pale lips began to move slightly.

"Becky, my darling," he whispered.

"Hush, my love," she said. "Rest, don't talk."

He was insistent. "Becky," he said in his tired voice. "I have something that I must confess."


"There isn't anything to confess," replied the weeping Becky, "Everything's all right, go to sleep."

"No, no, I must die in peace, Becky. I . . . I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend, and your mother!"

"Shhh, Darling," whispered Becky, "I know, I know. Let the poison work."


Enjoy...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a time for confessions!

8:45 am  
Blogger Some Woman said...

Heh. I liked that one. I read it to husband and he said "you like it because you like poison." I watch too many murder shows on TV.

9:29 pm  
Blogger cj goad ~ photography said...

Poison, a woman's first choice through-out history.
Remember that. :-)

5:09 pm  
Blogger Red said...

I LOVE it!

I can think of a few husbands who should carefully taste-test their cold beers before gulping 'em down!

1:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home