Monday, May 16, 2005

Why did you marry your wife?

Love.

Next?

Actually, a recent comment, which I promised to answer, asked:

Hi, I have been browsing through your blog, and I haven't had a chance to read all of your past blog entries, so I am not sure if you already answered this question, but, when you descibe your wife I often wonder what originally attracted you to her? You seem very sexually free, and she very sexually controlled at times. What gives? Sorry, if you think this question is too personal!

Too personal? I've talked about sticking my willy in my wife's bottom - I think I can handle a bit of emotional analysis...

I sort of answered that here: Surviving a sexless marriage.

And no, this isn't going to be an RTFM post - as this blog has got longer, it has become more difficult to keep up. I noticed that I repeated one of my own jokes the other day - how wank is that?.

To save you looking it up, I married my wife for two reasons: firstly, I love her at a deep emotional level and secondly, because there was powerful physical attraction (both remain undiminished as far as I'm concerned, BTW). Nevertheless, your question is valid - there was for a long time a deep incompatibility between us sexually. My sexual needs (particularly in terms of kink) seemed to rise quickly and plateau. My wife's were apparently on a parabolic course, rising initially with mine but then fading away, gently at first but then dwindling to almost nothing. This happened after marriage. Hence my stark choice - to be faithful and sexless, unfaithful and fulfilled sexually or challenge the status quo to achieve fufillment in the marital bed. It took me a bit of time to realise that the first option was not for me - my fidelity was rock solid for years. The second option seemed nice initially but I could see in it the seeds of destruction for the ones I loved. So I settled on the third - but it is not always easy...

Marriage has it's downsides though - take my Mother-in-Law (please).

Ah, the last resort - you know I'm running short on material when a mother-in-law joke comes out...

A man, his wife, and mother-in-law went on vacation to the Holy Land.

While they were there the mother-in-law passed away. The undertaker told them, "You can have her shipped home for £5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for £150."

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked, "Why?" Why would you spend £5,000 to ship your mother-in-law home, when it would be wonderful to spend only £150?"

The man said, "A man died 2,000 years ago, he was buried here and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance."

Enjoy...

1 Comments:

Blogger cj goad ~ photography said...

LOL!!! enough said.

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home