Friday, July 08, 2005

Thank you...

Britain Gives The Terrorists a Message...
V Sign from Britain

Thank you for all the emails and expressions of concern. I am very touched.

Londoners will not be bowed or intimidated by this - not an issue - but your support to all of us who live and work in London is welcome.

It's for all those who have lost someone, for those who are critically ill in hospital beds, as we sit here in good health - all those families blighted.

Our thoughts are with you......

As evidence, London is almost back to normal, people at work, cars on the street - the best answer to the terrorists. Fuck 'em.

To quote Churchill again:
"I see the damage done by the enemy ...but I also see the spirit of an unconquerable people."

I am still very angry about the attack on Londoners. However, I want to make clear that my anger is aimed at the terrorists, not the Muslim community. The true Islamic faith would find the actions of the bombers abhorent.

Two posts yesterday had particular resonance for me. The first was Monmouth's on Bus Number 30:

"The number 30 from Hackney Wick, perhaps by coincidence, already represents everything the Islamo-fascists hate. It wends its big red way from one of the most diverse neighbourhoods in East London. ...in London the first thing you'll notice, particularly in the East End, is the enormous variety of languages, dress, ethnicity. ...no. 30 had representatives of each one of the three great monotheisms peacefully riding along together, rubbing shoulders... The prayers at their funerals will be in many tongues, in churches, synagogues and mosques."

We have to remember that what these dickless cowards want is to drive divisions between communities (as did the Catholic and Protestant hardliners in Northern Ireland). The best response, as Monmouth hints at, is to draw the communities together and for the communities to cut off the life blood of terrorism - they thrive on two things: hate and cash.

Which brings me to the second - a sadder tale from Bridget Who of being approached by a Neanderthal tosser, where he suggests to her that we attack Britain's Muslim community - one small, sad success for the bombers.

How we act now will determine how pleased the shits will be. Let's leave them disappointed.

Finally, a confession. I have to admit to being rather selfishly relieved - I regularly go through one of the stations attacked (though earlier than the terrorists struck). I have been expecting an attack since the beginning of the year - with the election, the UK presidency of the EU and the G8, this was when they would strike. I feel guilty that one of the thoughts going through my mind yesterday was "Ha! Missed me."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely put.

4:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad they missed you.

6:13 pm  
Blogger Virgin Slut said...

I'm glad they missed you too.

8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody's going to be happy. Violence begets violence. If it escalates, soon everybody will be involved and there goes sanity.

1:45 am  
Blogger k said...

I'm glad you're ok.
K

6:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to join in with all the others - Well put!

I feel guilty that one of the thoughts going through my mind yesterday was "Ha! Missed me."

I think that's a perfectly natural thought. Certainly not anything to feel guilty about. I think most people get the same the-accident-just-missed-me-by-inches-high
whenever they're NOT the victims. Doesn't really matter what happened, the "rush" is still the same, although the intensity of it will vary a lot.

Once again - glad they missed you!

Hope they catch the bastards.

9:15 pm  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

..and being completely original... I'm glad they missed you too.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home