Thursday, December 15, 2005

Moral dilemma...

Let me pose you a question.

You are driving home on a dark, cold night in your Lamborghini Gallardo. The wind is howling and windchill is making the temperature gauge's -5degC seem generous. It is not a night to be caught outside. The heated seats and climate control mean that you are comfortable and the four wheel drive means the icy conditions are not unsafe. Joss Stone's husky voice seranades you gently as you work your way through the frozen city.

Then you slow for a junction. Picked out in your lights and huddled into their light coats against the bitter cold are three people.

  1. An old lady who looks like she is on death's door. She won't last for long out there.
  2. Your oldest friend who once saved your life. He looks like he is turning blue.
  3. The beautiful girl you met at a party last week. You fell hopelessly in love with her but she had to leave before you got her number. She's already shivering.
They are waiting for a bus - one that might not come for hours on a night like this.

You suddenly look at the one pitiful passenger seat in your car...

What should you do?

These are, I'm sure the options running through your mind:
  • Save the life of the old lady - a wonderfully altrusitic act;
  • Pick up your friend - a wonderful opportunity to repay him a blood debt that you have owned for many years; and
  • If you abandon this girl now, you will lose her, your perfect soulmate and perhaps your one chance for happiness, forever.
Not easy is it?... But that's why it's called a dilemma...

Enjoy...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would ask my mate to drive the old lady to the hospital and wait for a bus with the girl!

LOL

3:58 pm  
Blogger k said...

ooo, i like that answer :)

6:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd put the old lady in the passenger seat, give my friend most of my clothes, but leave him, and seat the girl on my lap with her legs over the old lady's lap--my friend would get over it, and not freeze with the clothes, the girl would think me such a lovely person to help the old lady--sure thing to get laid, and I'd not have the old lady's death on my conscience. So I'd have to drive carefully with the girl on my lap--I'd not want to hurry anyway.

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home