Monday, November 14, 2005

OK, one last and final reason...

I was reading Temptation musing on how she would like a cage for Christmas (some women are just soooo easy to buy for...) and it reminded me of a funny story.

We'd got a puppy and, as part of the house training, bought a big cage for the puppy to sleep in. The theory is, if you are interested (No, not really. Ed.), that the dog will not soil it's own bedding, so confining it trains it to control its bodily functions overnight. Are you still reading? (With barely contained excitement... [yawn] Ed.)

My kids however, loved the idea of the cage and were playing at being "the puppy in the cage".

Anyway, I was having an important conference call one week-end. Clients, lawyers and colleagues were all hanging on my every word as I outlined the next big deal. I have the phone on hands-free, speakerphone mode, as it was going to be a loooong call.

Into the library walks my then 4yo boy. "Daddy, daddy!" he cries. I tried to continue my monologue but it was obvious that the boy wasn't going to wait for daddy to finish.

"Hold on chaps," said I. "I'll just sort out my son..." I didn't mute the phone... "Yes, D, what do you want?"

"Daddy! Can you put me in the cage again?!"

That took some explaining...

Enjoy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Some Woman said...

That's freakin' hysterical. And I hope it taught you a lesson!

1:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home