Monday, October 18, 2004

We don't talk anymore...II

So I was starting to think I was getting somewhere in my thoughts on cunnilingus but DTG goes and casts doubt on parts my theory with this post... For her, if I may paraphrase (in reverse order), female reluctance in this area possibly stems from three issues:
  1. any lady gives up control in that situation (and therefore needs to be submisive to enjoy);
  2. she is giving herself up to pleasure (which she has been conditioned to see as inappropriate); and
  3. she is concerned about feminine hygiene.

I totally see where DTG is coming from on two and three - and I think elements of this do affect my wife's attitude. The first reason is totally individual - whether you are coming at it from the Bliatz angle (submissive = needs rougher stuff) or the DTG one (there is an act of submission in receiving oral). DTG's view is also supported by Laurel. So I guess that I just have to decide what it is in my wife's case.

That reminds me of the old joke:

A man is walking along a beach in Carolina and comes across an old oil lamp. He rubs it to see if it'll polish up and inevitably a genie emerges. The genie offers the man one wish.

"OK," he says. "I am terrified of flying and of boats but I really want to see Europe. Can you build a bridge acroos the Atlantic, so I can go anytime I want?"

The genie replies, "Are you fucking mad? Have you any idea of the tons of steel and concrete? The engineering challenges? You'll have to change your wish."

"Well," the man says, "I guess then that I really want to understand women - why they cry, why they fall in love, what amuses them, what they want. I want to understand their silences, know what those little looks they give me really mean."

The genie thinks about it and says, "How many traffic lanes do you want on that bridge?"

Thanks once again to both Bliatz, DTG and Laurel for their comments.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home